Hubbard Broadcasting Inc. is seeking a Senior Network Engineer.
Hubbard Broadcasting Inc., is the parent company of several media companies including Hubbard Television, Hubbard Radio, REELZ, F&F Productions and 2060 Digital. Based in St. Paul, MN, this family-run business has been in operations for nearly 100 years.
- Manage a mid-sized VMware based virtualization infrastructure including its modernization. Support a few small, remote, HyperV based systems.
- Configure, deploy, and manage Microsoft Windows based servers.
- Drive system configuration standards including server patching, hardening, and monitoring.
- Administer a sizeable Active Directory environment including managing replication and network services across several dozen nodes.
- Provide technical support to remote properties including server builds, network troubleshooting, security incident escalation, authentication, role-based access controls, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Drive security vulnerability awareness for related technologies, assessment, and remediation planning.
- Create operational documentation including Visio diagrams, workflows, processes, procedures, etc.
- Participate in a call rotation for after hour support.
- Ability to work on short notice, weekends, evenings and occasionally travel.
- Work cooperatively and professionally with all levels within the organization.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations.
For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser:
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
The senior network engineer will be part of a collaborative, on-premise team that supports IT infrastructure, network operations and IT security across a multi-state organization. The position will involve a variety of responsibilities including the support of virtualization infrastructures, critical servers, Active Directory, and an Azure/AD integrated O365 tenant. The role will support critical corporate systems, a wide range of technology projects and involve interaction with staff and management across the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 6+ years' experience in applicable network engineering role(s).
- A candidate must have extensive experience planning, deploying, and operating a comparable VM environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience supporting Active Directory based networks.
- High level of proficiency and experience with Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of authentication techniques, LDAP, Kerberos, certificates, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service, and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience administering Exchange, Azure AD, O365, and/or Orion management systems a plus.
- Physical requirements:
- Communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to sit or stand and work at a computer screen for periods of time.
- Ability to see and hear alarms and other signals.
- Prepare reports, business correspondence, and business proposals.
- Manipulate computer keys and general office equipment, including telephone.
- Think critically, strategically and logically and articulate information in clear, concise manner to others.
- Work under pressure, meeting tight deadlines.
- Travel via airplanes for overnight business trips.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations to facilitate an incumbent's ability to perform the essential job functions.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
For more details and to apply, click here.