KARE-TV in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking a Director of Marketing, Brand and Audience Development.
Brand builders, creatives, strategists, and thought leaders – this is the one you’ve been working towards. KARE 11, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul has an immediate opening for our next Director of Marketing, Brand and Promotion. Already in place, a legacy brand in KARE 11, along with a dedicated and talented marketing team . We seek a true partner with a strong voice to join the KARE 11 executive team and lead our multi-platform efforts of marketing, promotion and sales support into the future. The ideal candidate will provide examples of beautiful and effective promotion, organized strategic planning for a major-market content creating station, the ability to read and react to research and a track record of inspiring and coaching employees. Additional expectations of this position include:
- Ensuring your team is a high-performing unit that is well developed via training, ongoing feedback, development opportunities and regular performance appraisals.
- Working closely with the local revenue team on innovative campaigns that fulfill client needs, drive client results and increase the generation of non-traditional/new business revenue.
- Collaborating regularly with content leaders on audience development strategies. Applying data, analytics and insights to marketing campaigns that promote sweeps, content partnerships, digital products, community partnerships and more.
- Serving as a key leader in the development and implementation of plans that unite and align content, sales, community and social.
- Creating data-driven, targeted and integrated media plans that leverage off-channel spends, trade partners, co-op budgets and other tactics.
- Minimum of 7 years consumer marketing experience with a promotion-specific record of success especially in broadcast, cable, digital or agency (marketing/digital/advertising). Must understand the value of promotions placement across multiple mediums as a fundamental driver in executing the brand strategy. Television experience preferred but not required. College Degree in Marketing preferred.
- A planner by nature, able to operate with a sense of urgency in the present and be constantly looking 6-18 months out to bring organization, order and planning to the larger marketing team.
- Real-time, multi-platform marketing experience with proven record of marketing content on linear and non-linear platforms.
- Ability to spot trends and build future-proof strategies that grow audiences amidst rapidly changing content, technology, societal and consumer landscapes.
- Insight-driven with an ability to work with local and corporate research teams, data analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Crowdtangle, Tableau) and 3rd party vendors to garner insights and translate those into effective, measurable marketing strategies.
- Strong management track record with demonstrated success leading a brand-centric, multi-platform creative team as well as proven ability to manage up and across in collaborative fashion.
- Experience creating and measuring integrated advertising campaigns supported by an outstanding creative ability and an exceptional portfolio.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency within a deadline-oriented, fast-paced team environment, juggling multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Comfortable working non-traditional hours in breaking news situations.
For more details and to apply, click here.
KARE-TV is an equal opportunity employer.