Hubbard Radio Brainerd is seeking a Regional Traffic Specialist.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- College degree preferred.
- 1+ yrs or more of strong, accurate data entry skills (alpha and numeric) in a clerical or sales setting highly preferred.
- MS Windows based computer experience required.
- Previous broadcast or traffic experience helpful.
- Must be disciplined with a solid work ethic.
- Ability to pay close attention to details, meet tight deadlines and be dedicated to quality performance.
- Must be able to manage a high volume of information accurately and efficiently with minimal mistakes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of people but also able to work independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Analytical, critical thinking skills. Ability to solve problems by identifying issues and creating an appropriate plan based on interpretation of guidelines.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Physical Requirements Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Work with time sensitive information under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate and operate personal computers and general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.) for extended periods of time. Ability to read and follow both oral and written direction. Ability to think quickly and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others. Sit for extended periods of time. Above average pushing and pulling, walking, bending and stooping.The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
This position is responsible for the daily preparation of the commercial/program log including log editing and commercial spot placement so as to maximize station revenue and minimize loss, and performing continuity duties.
- On a daily basis, place spots on logs by maximizing commercial inventory following philosophies set forth by General Manager.
- Review and audit day parts as far into the future as possible.
- Responsible for daily preparation of the program/commercial log using prescribed broadcast software.
- Edit log so that it is error free.
- Ensure each commercial spot placed does not have a product conflict, is airing within the correct time period and order/advertiser separation guidelines are followed.
- Ensure program information is accurate and specific conditions are met.
- Communicate inventory problems to the Controller and General Manager.
- Create programming formats in a timely manner and enter new program information into system based on program orders received.
- Schedule formats onto each station's log.
- Follow processes to alert account managers that advertisers may need to be moved due to program changes, change orders when spots meet new program criteria, or pre-empt spots when they do not.
- Review master programming schedule and compares with logs.
- Check the log formats with automation formats for breaks, barters, segments and timings when necessary. Ensure that logs are 100% accurate and contain specific information including sponsorships, promos, tied events and IDs.
- Assign episode numbers to programming on the logs from the schedule provided from the Programming Department.
- Maintain inventory tree including maintaining existing inventory codes, making new codes and adding inventory code comments so managers and account managers know what programming is available to sell, sellout levels and rates for each program.
- Communicate any problems to Controller.
- Perform continuity duties, including processing production orders and coordinating production with the Programming Department.
- Provide reports to the Sales Staff. Download and enter copy instructions for barter contracts. Attend meetings as required or requested.
- Assist and perform work for other Sales Assistants as needed, including covering breaks. Ensure adequate administrative support at all times during the workday.
- Seek out ways to expand current skills and abilities; take initiative to learn new tasks, duties, technology and equipment.
- Offer ideas that would enhance or improve the way work is done.
- Report to work on time and work established schedule/hours.
- Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed.
- Complete other duties as requested and needed.
For more details and to apply, click here.
Hubbard Radio is an equal opportunity employer.