WCCO-TV in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking an Operations Technician.
• TD/Direct live daily newscasts and other productions, including special events, using ROSS OverDrive automation. Candidate must understand and accept the responsibility and accountability that comes with this position.
• Set up mics, operate audio consoles, run robotic cameras, shade studio and remote cameras, floor direct, and manage studio guests when not directing
• Collaborate effectively with show producers and lead technical crew in executing clean shows
• Solid knowledge and proven skills within all areas of news and studio production: OverDrive automation, switchers, audio, CG, server ingest and playback, robotic camera operation, and iNews NRCS
• Thorough understanding of standard modern computer systems utilized in broadcast control rooms and studios
• Strong commitment to quality and attention to detail
• Currently working similar positions in a broadcast studio with a minimum of 4 years of news production
• Experience with newscast directing utilizing ROSS OverDrive automation
• Strong computer skills and technical trouble-shooting a plus
• Ability to multitask and work proficiently in a deadline driven broadcast environment is essential
• Must be open to working early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays as broadcast shifts vary
• Candidate is required to join IBEW Union if not currently a member
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds and push 75 pounds
For more details and to apply, click here.
WCCO-TV is an equal opportunity employer.