KSTP-TV in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking a Content Desk Editor.
- Bachelors in Journalism, Communications or related field; or equivalent work experience
- At least one year of assignment desk experience
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Advanced critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment and with various personalities.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, knowledge of news and news-makers.
- Computer literacy required.
- Must be able to make good decisions quickly; able to articulate choices and communicate those choices to other news department and station employees.
- Must have good writing skills including grammar and spelling.
- Physical Requirements:
Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and board controls as well as general office equipment
(telephone, copier, etc.) for extended periods of time.
Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
Ability to think critically and quickly and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others.
Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
Average pushing and pulling, bending and stooping.
5 Eyewitness News is looking for a Content Editor to join our team of award winning journalists. This is a highly skilled position that requires multitasking in a fast paced environment. The content desk is the evolution of a traditional newsroom assignment desk and digital department. We are essential for coordinating, writing, and distributing content across all of our platforms. TV producers, assignment editors and web producers are encouraged to apply.
- Monitor public safety scanners, fixed cameras, social media and e-mail while answering phones and keeping the newsroom informed of significant events and breaking news.
- Assist news team in coming up with story ideas and gathering information.
- Assign and coordinate logistics between news crews and live trucks; coordinate live and tape feeds from trucks and other transportation so stories can be broadcast live.
- Develop and maintain contacts with law enforcement and fire departments, local government and community organizations to stay updated on current events.
- Coordinate daily logistics and dispatches crews and multimedia journalists to breaking news.
- Assist producers, reporters, web producer with story calls, setups and follow ups.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
For more details and to apply, click here.
KSTP-TV is an equal opportunity employer.