KSTP-TV is seeking a Broadcast System Engineer.
KSTP 5 Eyewitness News is the award-winning ABC network affiliate for the Twin Cities. Part of Hubbard Broadcasting, KSTP-TV is a longtime market leader, and is committed to excellence in all that it does-broadcast news with hyper-local coverage, important public service that deals powerfully with today's issues, and now, more than ever, top-notch digital content, to reach our viewers and followers with information the way they want to receive it. When you work for KSTP, or our other local, independently operated station KSTC, Channel 45, you will find yourself among dedicated, passionate people who work hard every day to improve our product and our community. If you have the qualifications, and you are a person of talent and integrity, we invite you to apply!
• Troubleshoot and repair technical issues on a wide variety of broadcast equipment.
• Pull and terminate all types of video, audio and control cabling.
• See past the system drawings and understand end-user functional requirements.
• Install and configure systems in a way that reflects the intended system design
• Program broadcast gear (includes: routers, switchers, mixers, CG, etc.).
• Communicate status updates. Discuss issues and provide suggestions in a clear manner.
• Identify integration inefficiencies and propose solutions.
• Work with on-site tech team to identify and finalize punch list items.
• All other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to climb ladders up to 24’ tall and lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
The Broadcast Systems Engineer’s primary responsibility shall be to install, test, configure and commission Broadcast & Broadcast related IT systems, bringing projects to completion and ensuring quality in both, a studio setting and in remote locations. The Broadcast System Engineer designs and demonstrate installation techniques. The Broadcast System Engineer must be able to understand complex systems and have a solid technical background with an understanding of current video, audio, control and data/networking technology. The Broadcast Engineer will work closely with the Engineering Managers to provide both general and specific recommendations on installation standards, technologies, personnel, job specifics and implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills & must be able to communicate effectively in a team environment
- High level of organization
- Technical background that provides a working knowledge of broadcast audio and video design and theory, IT networking and signal transmission.
- Engineering maintenance background preferred (Production truck, Video or Television Production)
- Strong computer skills with familiarity with MS Access, Excel Spreadsheets, etc.
- Ability to read and comprehend CAD drawings, blue prints, and technical drawings
- Hands on experience with audio/video switching, connectivity, routing, terminations, and signal flow
- Ability to solve unusual or unexpected problems
- 5 or more years in a broadcast environment preferred
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations.
For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser:
For more details and to apply, click here.