Audacy Minnesota’s WCCO-AM is searching for a Digital and Broadcast Journalist. Are you a curious and savvy writer with a positive attitude and impressive work ethic - ready to help work with one of the upper Midwest’s most-trusted newsrooms? You must be a great writer, possess a compelling on-air delivery, be a proficient news gatherer - using a variety of sources - and be comfortable with audio editing equipment and programs.
You will be expected to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced Newsroom and in-the-field environment. We are seeking a journalist with the ability to be an on-air anchor and contribute off-script to live talk shows.
A significant portion of the job includes active participation on various social media channels and contributing written and audio content to the station website (wccoradio.com).
What You'll Do:
- Produce and record news stories.
- Anchor multi-hour shifts on News-Talk station.
- Gather, write, record, edit and deliver content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
- Interview newsmakers.
- Write scripts and ad-lib material for stories.
- Develop and research potential stories.
- Ability to write and post stories to the website and social media.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Must be available early mornings, nights, weekends as necessary.
Required & Preferred:
- Minimum of 3 years reporting or writing news/sports.
- Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills.
- Proficiency in editing and packaging news sound and interviews.
- Must possess a contemporary sound and have a clear, excellent delivery for broadcast.
- Knowledge of the Twin Cities area and station demographics.
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of the applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance is required.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD; OTC: AUDA) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp), X (@AudacyCorp), LinkedIn (@Audacy-Inc), Instagram (@lifeataudacy) and Threads (@Audacy_Corp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more details and to apply, click here.