KAAL-TV in Rochester, MN is seeking a Summer News Intern.
As an ABC6 News (KAAL-TV) employee, you're surrounded by opportunity while experiencing forward-thinking philosophy. You'll work among passionate, engaged professionals who work together to create the most entertaining content in Television and Digital platforms for our audience. Whether you're searching for a career On-Air, Behind-The-Scenes, or Marketing & Promotion, there's opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive within ABC6 News and Hubbard Broadcasting.
- Must be a student enrolled in a degree program at a trade school, college, or university that will recognize the internship for class credit or an internship is a requirement or is a recommendation towards graduation. Documentation is needed.
- Understand, interpret, and communicate information about news events to staff
- Good interpersonal skills are a must; Excellent command of the English language
- Work in a fast-paced, high-stress, loud, busy, and high-performance environment
- Write and communicate well
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations.
For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser:
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding over 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
Learn the day-to-day operations of a newsroom from camera work and editing to producing newscasts.
- Learn the daily operation of the news department
- Develop and initiate a search for stories on a daily basis/pitch stories at daily editorial meetings
- Contact and gather information on various stories to set up for reporters, photographers, and producers
- Assist in newsroom functions including camera work, editing video, writing scripts, web/social media posting, producing newscasts
- Go out in the field to conduct interviews, shoot video, and report on news stories
- Maintain a friendly attitude; work closely with assigned news staff
- Oversee hand-off of information to other staff daily; Establish and maintain positive lines of communication with all team members
- Perform other tasks as perceived or assigned, that contribute to the achievement of department and station goals
- Will be expected to shadow and assist reporters, producers, and assignment editors
For more details and to apply, click here.