KAAL-TV in Rochester, MN is seeking a Summer Engineer/IT Intern.
As an ABC6 News (KAAL-TV) employee, you're surrounded by opportunity while experiencing forward-thinking philosophy. You'll work among passionate, engaged professionals who work together to create the most entertaining content in Television and Digital platforms for our audience. Whether you're searching for a career On-Air, Behind-The-Scenes, or Marketing & Promotion, there's opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive within ABC6 News and Hubbard Broadcasting.
- Must be a student enrolled in a degree program at a trade school, college, or university that will recognize the internship for class credit or an internship is a requirement or is a recommendation towards graduation. Documentation is needed.
- Must be prepared to take initiative as well as follow direction when required
- Understand, interpret, and communicate information about what you are working on
- Work in a fast-paced, high-stress, loud, busy, and high-performance environment, meets tight deadlines
- Ability to sit and work at a computer screen for periods of time. Ability to crawl, stoop, bend, lift overhead, and walk to reach equipment for evaluation, repair, and adjustment. Must be able to work for extended periods of time in a confined area. Good vision to see computer screen. Read, hear and speak clearly. Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Must be able to read and interpret instructions, schematics, and service manuals. Manipulate computer and general office equipment, including telephone. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Ability to drive/operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
Learn the day-to-day operations of Television Engineering and IT.
- Learn the daily operation of the Engineering/IT department
- Pull and terminate all types of video, audio, and control cabling
- Communicate status updates. Discuss issues and provide suggestions in a clear manner
- Maintenance and installation of High and Low Power Television Transmission Systems
- Install and configure new equipment, hardware, and software components.
- Upgrade system as needed to enable compatible software on all computers
- Provide deployment, maintenance, and operational support to staff with PCs, peripherals, and mobile devices
- Effectively diagnose and resolve problems with PC hardware, network connectivity, and software applications in primarily a Microsoft Windows infrastructure
- Complete other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations.
For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser:
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding over 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
For more details and to apply, click here.