KAAL-TV is seeking a Sports Reporter.
As an ABC6 News (KAAL-TV) employee, you're surrounded by opportunity while experiencing forward-thinking philosophy. You'll work among passionate, engaged professionals who work together to create the most entertaining content in Television and Digital platforms for our audience. Whether you're searching for a career On-Air, Behind-The-Scenes, or Marketing & Promotion, there's opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive within ABC6 News and Hubbard Broadcasting.
- Prior experience in news/sports reporting, anchoring, producing, shooting and editing. Proven abilities in live reporting.
- Knowledge of photojournalism and non-linear editing equipment a must.
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately.
- Exceptional communication skills, oral and written.
- Professional, consistent, on-air appearance.
- Abilities in critical thinking, quick and effective decision-making, live ad-libbing, and maintaining performance under extreme pressure and on strict deadline required.
- Highly developed public-speaking and interpersonal skills. Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving history as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked.
- To be considered, applicants must submit a demo reel or a link of their work.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
This position is responsible for selecting, researching, writing and gathering sports newscast content stories for broadcast. This position is also responsible for presenting live on TV and radio unscripted and scripted news reports.
- Anchor and produce sportscast.
- Shoot, edit, write and post daily content for on-air and web.
- Report live and/or on tape as assigned.
- Daily social media engagement as directed by management.
- Exhibit enterprise reporting through the origination and development of relevant, time news sports stories that are at all times fair and accurate.
- Present live on TV unscripted news/sports coverage.
- Contribute to the overall team effort to provide the best possible local TV journalism.
- Develop strong and broad-based sources in the local sports market.
- Participate in public appearances and community events.
- Maintain appropriate and strict standards regarding wardrobe, hair, cosmetics and grooming as directed by management.
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations.
For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser:
For more details and to apply, click here