WDIO-TV in Duluth is seeking a News Director.
WDIO-TV, News Channel 10/13 is the award-winning ABC network affiliate for Northeastern Minnesota and Northwest Wisconsin. Part of Hubbard Broadcasting, WDIO-TV is committed to excellence in all that it does-broadcast news with hyper-local coverage, important public service that deals powerfully with today's issues, and now, more than ever, top-notch digital content, to reach our viewers and followers with information the way they want to receive it. When you work for WDIO-TV, you will find yourself among dedicated, passionate people who work hard every day to improve our product and our community. If you have the qualifications, and you are a person of talent and integrity, we invite you to apply!
- Minimum of five years of success in key leadership role(s) within a television newsroom.
- Must be a dynamic strong leader with a clear vision and ability to communicate that vision to the WDIO team.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of staff and coach them to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Experience and knowledge of breaking news best practices, multi-channel distribution, digital and social media, mobile platforms and multi-platform news gathering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of all phases of a television news operation including but not limited to: news reporting and writing newscast formats, news producing, newsroom organization and newsgathering technology.
- Ability to think critically and adept at managing in a fast-paced, highly charged and aggressive news environment.
- Basic understanding of newsroom technical operation including computer networking, newsroom systems, microwave, satellite and digital technology.
- Excellent communication, organization, and writing skills.
WDIO is seeking a News Director ready to take a powerful market leader to new heights. This leader oversees all news, weather and sports content and delivery channels and is responsible for directing and managing the news department -- seeing that the station's vision and community mission is understood by the entire news organization
- Direct and manage overall operation of the news department.
- Develop and implement news strategy and business objectives in partnership with the General Manager.
- Set the culture and tone of our news organization defining and maintaining ethical, legal and journalistic standards.
- Coordinate the station's news and information content across its multiple platforms.
- Work together with all station departments to maximize efficiency, community response, viewership and revenue goals.
- Responsible for all policies, procedures and guidelines necessary for a successful news operation.
- Responsible for preparing and managing the news department 's annual operating budget, as well as providing input for the capital budget.
- Supervise of all news department staff, including recruiting, coaching, development, and if necessary, termination.
Compensation and Benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
For more details and to apply, click here.