Hubbard Radio Bemidji is seeking On-Air Talent/Sports Play by Play.
- Previous on air experience preferred. Degree in Communication, Journalism, related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Ability to establish listener motivation and loyalty in the target demographic.
- Good conversationalist, well-read, knowledgeable and articulate in dealing with current affairs; Ability to enunciate clearly and interpret and read copy fluently. Articulate information in clear, concise manner to others. Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction. Ability to think spontaneously and ad lib while on air and at appearances in a coherent manner in situations that can change quickly.
- Ability to operate all mechanical functions of preparing and delivering an on-air performance, including the recording," editing and playback of listener telephone calls; the preparation of recorded "bits" and other show elements; the operation of the control room console and studio equipment.
- Ability to write and create commercial production", voiceovers and imaging as needed.
- Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of FCC rules and regulations which pertain to announcers, particularly but not limited to Sections 315, 217 and 508.
- Ability and willingness to be coached and directed by Program Director or Consultant.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
- Travel to and attend station promotional appearances including sales appearances.
- Physical Requirements Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Ability to multi-task with a variety of duties while producing the show. Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and board controls as well as general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.) for extended periods of time. Wear headsets and be confined to a specific space during the course of work. Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Average pushing and pulling, bending," stooping and reaching overhead.The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving history required as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked.
This position creates and performs live broadcasts that are entertaining and informative, that project the Company's desired on-air image,and that achieve maximum audience acceptance and ratings. On Air Talent works closely with the programming and sales teams to grow the Company's revenue and on-air and digital audience.
- Plan, prepare and deliver live and recorded program content for station in an entertaining and professional manner in a style consistent with the appropriate station format.
- Prepare and create a topical show by gathering information from news flashes, wire copy, periodicals, computer, web and television.
- Interview guests and other famous or public personalities, as well as moderating panels or discussion shows.
- Answer phone lines and interview members of listening audience.
- Write and reads or ad-lib segments to identify station, announce station breaks, commercials, etc.
- Preparation of online blogs and similar social media activities on behalf of the Stations; the creation of podcasts or videos or both for online distribution, and participation in, and use of, various digital media platforms.
- Ensure that contests and promotions are conducted in compliance with FCC regulations, as well as federal and state laws.
- Follow and enforce FCC regulations, station and company polices, including implementing station's/state's EAS procedures.
- Knowledge and (preferably) experience in multiple sports, particularly Basketball, Hockey, Softball, Volleyball and Wrestling and a strong willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of remote broadcast and computer based equipment
- Must prepare for broadcasts by interviewing coaches and/or players, familiarizing yourself with records, stats, starters, etc of the teams you will be covering
- Occasional travel required to road games (a spot is generally available on the team bus)
- Occasional appearances on KBUN’s local sports show “High Noon”
- Promote the Company and clients of the Company by planning and attending in-person appearances such as community events, including hosting and assisting at charity functions and remote broadcasts.
- Maintain positive relationships with national & local community.
- Perform necessary and required technical functions of assigned air-shift, including the performing and logging of engineering readings.
- Maintain the program and music logs and ensure that commercials or programs are aired at times logged and the program log is properly signed, initialed and any omissions noted. Report all discrepancies on the Company Discrepancy Report. Record assigned commercial, promotion or public service announcements in a professional manner.
- Assure thorough, advance preparation of content, commercials, technical arrangements and show elements.
- Maintain and build a positive cooperative attitude within the station. Build working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public.
- Act in a professional manner when representing each station.
- Attend and participate in meetings are required.
- Report to work on time and work established schedule/hours. Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed, as assigned or required.
- Make public appearances.
- Complete other duties as requested and needed.
For more details and to apply, click here.
Hubbard Radio is an equal opportunity employer.