KAAL-TV in Rochester is seeking a Meteorologist.
As an ABC6 News (KAAL-TV) employee, you're surrounded by opportunity while experiencing forward-thinking philosophy. You'll work among passionate, engaged professionals who work together to create the most entertaining content in Television and Digital platforms for our audience. Whether you're searching for a career On-Air, Behind-The-Scenes, or Marketing & Promotion, there's opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive within ABC6 News and Hubbard Broadcasting.
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- An AMS seal or the CBM from the American Meteorological Society is preferred.
- Experience with computer graphics and radar.
- Excellent weather and news judgment.
- Ability to think critically, quick and effective decision making and live ad-libbing.
- Ability to work well under pressure while meeting daily assigned deadlines.
- Must be flexible to work any assigned shift including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience, shooting and editing in non-linear format.
- Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving history as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked and a background.
- Demo reel or online portfolio required.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
The position of Meteorologist is responsible content of station weather casts on-air and on our digital platforms. This position issues warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps and report live during weather events.
- Forecast, produce and present clear and concise weather casts which tell a story and connect with viewers.
- Effectively utilize social media, during severe weather and everyday situations, as well as write weather stories.
- Work with producers and fellow meteorologists to determine relevant weather content in breaking news and everyday situations, doing live shots and reporting from community events.
- Enterprise stories in line with our brand on a daily basis.
- This position will use cameras, research sources and editing equipment.
- Maintain appropriate and strict standards regarding wardrobe, hair, cosmetics and grooming as directed by management.
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations.
For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser:
For more details and to apply, click here.