KSTP-TV in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking a Local Sales Manager.
KSTP 5 Eyewitness News is the award-winning ABC network affiliate for the Twin Cities. Part of Hubbard Broadcasting, KSTP-TV is a longtime market leader, and is committed to excellence in all that it does-broadcast news with hyper-local coverage, important public service that deals powerfully with today's issues, and now, more than ever, top-notch digital content, to reach our viewers and followers with information the way they want to receive it. When you work for KSTP, or our other local, independently operated station KSTC, Channel 45, you will find yourself among dedicated, passionate people who work hard every day to improve our product and our community. If you have the qualifications, and you are a person of talent and integrity, we invite you to apply!
- Minimum 5 years of Sales and/or Marketing Promotion experience; television sales experience preferred.
- Prior experience with teaching, training, and recruiting; proven ability to help people grow and motivate to be better sales people. Must be a strong recruiter and be able to grow the size of the sales staff with qualified, competent salespeople.
- Demonstrated sales success in digital, event, and sales promotions.
- Highly organized, sound judgment.
- Skilled communicator. Ability to establish and maintain customer relationships; communicate effectively with a wide range of personalities in a professional and courteous manner. The ability to motivate and instill confidence in clients is critical.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and goal attainment in adverse market conditions
- Prior experience using needs-based selling and proposals. Established track record of creating and closing client-based solutions.
- Proven track record for achieving and exceeding sales budgets.
- Full knowledge of ratings analysis, spot schedules and traffic systems.
- Ability to build a strong base of business through local direct client contact.
- Strong computer skills. Working knowledge of Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- Proven professional presentation skills with the ability to close a sale.
- Must be able to drive, have a valid driver’s license for daily travel to client meetings and events and a safe driving history. Driving record will be checked.
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations. For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser: https://hubbardbroadcasting.com/our-company/working-here/
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
This position is responsible for leading the sales team for KSTP-TV, KSTC-TV, Me TV, MSHSL Prep Tournament sales, and a full suite of Digital products and services to meet revenue goals and service client accounts.
- Work with Director of Sales to develop short term and long term sales strategy and vision by analyzing data, research and trends. Establishes overall goals and objectives for staff, pricing and spot schedules. Ensure goals and objectives are executed.
- Responsible for making and exceeding sales budgets for stations.
- Develop new revenue streams using the internet, non-spot opportunities, and total marketing plans using creativity and analyzing market information and trends.
- Effectively lead, develop, motivate, coach and train local sales staff. Provide critiques and performance feedback on a regular basis. Spend time in the field coaching staff. Resolve conflicts as needed. Issue discipline when warranted.
- Daily analysis and interpretation of data and research. Evaluate whether changes to work are needed and how to communicate such changes.
- Recruits, interviews and selects new sales staff. Consults with Director of Sales and others on hiring decision.
- Assist sales staff in setting, meeting and exceeding their individual goals to fit overall sales strategy and vision. Motivates staff to achieve goals despite economic conditions, station ratings, and or competitors.
- Confer with and cultivate client (potential and established) relationships. Work to resolve client complaints and concerns. Represents station at client events and Corporate sponsored events.
- Establishes, consults and communicates departmental and HBI policies, procedures and guidance as needed.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with other employees, customers, clients and corporate departments. Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Acts in a professional manner when representing station.
- Attends all necessary meetings are required.
- Reports to work on time and works established schedule/hours. Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed. Attends client special events and promotions in the evening and weekends as required.
- Other duties as needed.
Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Ability to read, hear and speak clearly. Ability to prepare reports, business correspondence, and business proposals. Able to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment, including telephone. Able to drive own vehicle for the purpose of meeting clients and attending events. Requires the ability to think critically, strategically and tactically and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others. Must be able to think quickly and creatively. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Works in professional, collaborative team environment with a number of members. Normally a typical office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues. Travels to client offices and events. Business-professional appearance, dress, and manner are necessary.
For more details and to apply, click here.