KAAL-TV in Rochester is seeking a Digital Producer.
As an ABC6 News (KAAL-TV) employee, you're surrounded by opportunity while experiencing forward-thinking philosophy. You'll work among passionate, engaged professionals who work together to create the most entertaining content in Television and Digital platforms for our audience. Whether you're searching for a career On-Air, Behind-The-Scenes, or Marketing & Promotion, there's opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive within ABC6 News and Hubbard Broadcasting.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in news writing (newspaper or web writing preferred).
- Computer proficiency, including experience with digital publishing content management systems; photo editing, video editing, and basic HTML tags.
- Sound news judgment and excellent writing skills (including spelling and grammar).
- Ability to have initiative, judgment, and hands-on determination to take a web story from conception to post under tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with outside vendors and content providers.
- A passion for constantly generating new, fresh, and unique content that is up-to-the-minute and community-focused.
- Prior experience using major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube is required. Must be available to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
This position is responsible for producing content on company's website(s) including local news, weather, sports, and public information content.
- Writes stories for the website using such sources as broadcast scripts, Associated Press wire stories, and raw news facts in an urgent and immediate fashion.
- Create images to appear with stories using an online tool, edit video clips, and post to the website.
- Work with Reporters, Anchors, Photographers, and Producers to generate interactive elements and additional content for news stories.
- Identify and post engaging social media content on the station's various platforms that match overall goals for news and community outreach.
- Develop digital coverage plans for big news events (i.e. station-sponsored events, elections, sporting events) taking into account stories, live-streaming opportunities, social media posts, photo, and video content, etc.
- Assist assignment desk in assigning reporter stories, making calls on potential stories, managing news content, and monitoring developing and breaking news.
- Help with website layout and design.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations. For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser: https://hubbardbroadcasting.com/our-company/working-here/"
For more details and to apply, click here.