Pioneer PBS, located in Granite Falls, Minnesota has an immediate opening in our Engineering Department for a Broadcast Systems Technician. This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer and is responsible for the hands-on maintenance and operational readiness and testing of all broadcast equipment for the Pioneer PBS facility in Granite Falls and the Transmitters and STL sites throughout western Minnesota. This includes compliance with FCC, FAA and any other Federal, State or grant requirements. This position requires a thorough understanding of Master Control and technical production processes, workflow, signal flow, and have operational proficiency with job related equipment and software.
The successful candidate for this position has completed a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field or a minimum of 7 years of broadcast, transmitter and/or IT operation experience
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and ability to research and convey potential solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally with all employees and external partners, vendors and other key stakeholders of Pioneer PBS.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in preparing records, reports, and inventory control.
- Ability to provide clear information on maintenance needs and all expenses related to fixes to CTO for approval.
- Must be able to quickly determine potential solutions to complex problems and emergency situations.
- Mobility and physical stamina necessary to facilitate driving to remote locations, carrying 70-80 pounds of test equipment, climbing buildings and hoisting the equipment across difficult-to-access areas, even in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to operate transmission test equipment, interpret results, and take corrective action.
- Required to hold a valid driver’s license. Commercial license preferred.
- Must be willing to work a varied, flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends.
- Must be detail driven and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while shifting priorities as required.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently, yet take direction, and work successfully in a team environment.
- Must be able to handle stress in an appropriate manner and be able to manage projects in a manner that is both collegial and productive.
- Strong PC and MAC computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite and related software.
- Willingness to learn new specialized software tailored to specific broadcast applications (e.g. bugging, EAS, intercom, routing, captioning etc)
Please cover letter, resume and references to Pioneer PBS, Human Resources, 1 Pioneer Drive, Granite Falls, MN 56241 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review to begin immediately.
Pioneer PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.