KAAL-TV in Rochester, MN is seeking a Traffic Assistant.
- Responsible for preparing daily programmed commercial log to maintain proficiency. Ensures each commercial spot placed follows predetermined placement guidelines. Communicates any errors to the appropriate account managers for correction if needed. Verify, finalize assigned logs as required. Electronically transfer logs and commercials to master control automation system.
- Responsible for accurately performing daily log reconciliation in WideOrbit after review of Master Control Department comment report correcting reported changes to program day and preempting as necessary.
- Determine spot inventory/placement issue(s) and follow steps to clear-up matter.
- Works cooperatively and professionally with a variety of individuals including Programming and Master Control personnel, Account Managers and Sales Managers.
- Works on other traffic and projects as assigned
- Review master programming schedule and compares with logs.
- Communicate any problems to Traffic Manager.
- Attend meetings as required or requested.
- Reports to work on time and works established schedule/hours. Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed.
The Traffic Assistant is responsible for ensuring proper processing of commercials this includes entering accurate instruction into traffic system. In addition, will maintain the daily log development and reconcile to ensure revenue accuracy and minimize loss. In this role the preferred candidate will perform several related duties. The work load will fluctuate therefore high attention to detail while working quickly is essential.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Work with time sensitive information under tight deadlines and in pressure situations.
- MS Windows based computer experience required
- Must be disciplined with a solid work ethic
- 1+ yrs or more of strong, accurate data entry skills (alpha and numeric) in a clerical or sales setting highly preferred.
- Must be able to handle a high volume of information accurately and efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of people but also able to work independently.
- Analytical, critical thinking skills
- Ability to solve problems by identifying issues and creating an appropriate plan based on interpretation of guidelines
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures
For more details and to apply, click here.
KAAL-TV is an equal opportunity employer.