KSTP-TV in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking a Sales Coordinator.
KSTP 5 Eyewitness News is the award-winning ABC network affiliate for the Twin Cities. Part of Hubbard Broadcasting, KSTP-TV is a longtime market leader, and is committed to excellence in all that it does-broadcast news with hyper-local coverage, important public service that deals powerfully with today's issues, and now, more than ever, top-notch digital content, to reach our viewers and followers with information the way they want to receive it. When you work for KSTP, or our other local, independently operated station KSTC, Channel 45, you will find yourself among dedicated, passionate people who work hard every day to improve our product and our community. If you have the qualifications, and you are a person of talent and integrity, we invite you to apply!
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy and ability to handle sensitive, confidential information and challenging situations are essential.
- Must have excellent language and grammar skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must have a professional, customer-service oriented style-face-to-face, over the telephone and electronically.
- Computer experience including proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must have strong customer service orientation and strong organizational skills.
- Previous administrative experience preferred.
- Ability to prepare reports, business correspondence, and business proposals.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to work on short deadlines and in pressure situations; work other times as needed.
- Strong team player. Work well with others. Foster a spirit of cooperation and helpfulness.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Work with time sensitive information under tight
- deadlines and in pressure situations.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate and operate personal computers and general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
- Ability to think quickly and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Average pushing and pulling, bending and stooping. The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
- Driving record will be checked.
This position provides administrative support to Account Executives and Sales Management by performing a variety of clerical/administrative support tasks, including order entry, creation and customizing sales pieces and proposals, answering phones, and maintaining office equipment.
- Enter Television and Digital orders accurately into station advertising management software (WideOrbit).
- Act as Project Coordinator for sales related events and initiatives.
- Provide spot time and other reports for Account Executives.
- Provide clerical and other administrative support as necessary to Account Executives and Sales Management by the following: Copy documents; General filing; maintain files, including electronic files, create mail merges and Power Point documents. Type general correspondence.
- Ensure adequate administrative support at all times during the workday.
- Assist with political orders and help ensure compliance with FCC regulations including uploading to the station Public File.
- Seek out ways to expand current skills and abilities; take initiative to learn new tasks, duties, technology and equipment.
- Offer ideas that would enhance or improve the way work is done.
- Attend meetings as required or requested.
- Willingness to cross-train with other positions to provide support and coverage.
- Report to work on time and work established schedule/hours.
- Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed.
- Complete other duties inside and outside of the Sales department as requested and needed.
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations.
For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser:
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
For more details and to apply, click here.