KSTP-TV in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking a News Video Editor.
KSTP 5 Eyewitness News is the award-winning ABC network affiliate for the Twin Cities. Part of Hubbard Broadcasting, KSTP-TV is a longtime market leader, and is committed to excellence in all that it does-broadcast news with hyper-local coverage, important public service that deals powerfully with today's issues, and now, more than ever, top-notch digital content, to reach our viewers and followers with information the way they want to receive it. When you work for KSTP, or our other local, independently operated station KSTC, Channel 45, you will find yourself among dedicated, passionate people who work hard every day to improve our product and our community. If you have the qualifications, and you are a person of talent and integrity, we invite you to apply!
- One-year experience editing videotape for daily newscasts or related field.
- Must have proficient knowledge of Adobe Premiere.
- Must be willing to work weekends, nights, extremely early morning hours, holidays and overtime when needed.
- Create graphics for news packages
- Edit multiple scripts under tight deadlines for daily newscasts
- Must be able to perform duties and maintain professionalism under extreme deadline pressure.
- Reasonable typing skills needed.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
This position is responsible for all audio and visual editing for a live produced show.
- Video editing that meets a high standard of accuracy, balance and ethics.
- Operating digital NLE editing equipment and Mac/Windows computer software.
- Must be proficient with Adobe Premiere.
- Take/send feeds from FTP and Live Trucks. Archive video daily.
- Must be able to manage time effectively to meet strict deadlines.
- Help clean and maintain edit booths and equipment including computer file management.
- Strong communication skills with reporters/anchors/producers/fellow editors is crucial.
- Strong knowledge in multi-layered news graphics.
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations.
For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser:
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
For more details and to apply, click here.