Northern News Now in Duluth, MN is seeking a News Producer.
Northern News Now is looking for a smart, competitive newscast producer who will also take a lead role online and on social media. You will have access to all the latest technology at our state-of-the-art digital facility. We`re looking for a producer who knows the difference between stacking a show and creating a memorable newscast that meets our audience needs.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business..
Duluth is located on Lake Superior, the greatest of the Great Lakes. If you are an outdoor enthusiast, then you can consider Duluth paradise. If you prefer the offerings of the big city life, the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul are a short drive down I-35. Our building, office space and studios are state of the art. Located in Canal Park, considered one of Minnesota's top tourist destinations. We have views of Lake Superior and the Hillside of Downtown Duluth. We are walking distance to the Lakewalk, Aerial Lift Bridge and many fine restaurants, shops, and clubs.
• Responsible for writing/producing compelling and visually appealing newscasts for TV & digital content for web, app and OTT platforms. Must be a strong, punchy writer with strong news judgment with an eye for the people, pictures and pace approach to local newscasts. Must have the ability to craft compelling TV rundowns that emphasize urgency, immediacy, and breaking news.
• On the digital side, must be a strong writer capable of applying SEO strategies and social engagement tactics.
• Writing stories for broadcast, as well as our various digital and social platforms will also be part of the job. We will ask you to generate and provide story ideas, researching them as necessary.
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ``apply now``, upload your resume and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
- Strong verbal/written communications skills and knowledge of AP Style required.
- College degree in Journalism preferred.
- Ability to work well under pressure and well with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to handle a wide variety of variables, including short deadlines, shifting schedules, and shifting from one platform to another.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Some Travel Required
- Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
- Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Qualified candidates with a desire to work with a great group of people, and live in one of America’s best cities, send your link, cover letter, resume and references to: