KARE-TV in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking a News Producer.
- Encourage innovation and risk-taking in crafting great newscasts through emotion and showcasing
- Write news stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platform
- Have a good understanding of social media platforms to incorporate into newscasts.
- Work collaboratively with other producers and staff members
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Knowledge in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
For more details and to apply, click here.
KARE-TV is an equal opportunity employer.