KROX Radio, a full-service radio station with news, sports, and public service, is looking for a full-time News Director for our award-winning news department.
The news director is responsible for developing local news stories for the radio newscasts Monday-Friday and for our website.
The news director covers Crookston City Council, Polk County Commission, and Crookston School District meetings. The news director also covers community happenings and any other news that happens in the Crookston community.
The news director needs strong ethical standards, the knowledge of the value of public service media, social media, and technology.
The news director can also help with covering sporting events for the website and/or do play-by-play for extra pay, if interested.
The news director needs to have the following-
- Demonstrate commitment to accuracy, ethics, and transparency
- Good people skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours as news stories require
- Demonstrated skills in interviewing and writing
- Comfort with taking pictures
- Training as a reporter, writer, editor, photographer, or producer is helpful but not necessary
- Comfortable with editing audio for radio broadcasts
Benefits include – health, retirement, paid time off, performance bonus.
To Apply: Email KROX General Manager Chris Fee with a letter of interest, resume, three professional references. KROX is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits harassment. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, family responsibility, disability status, protected veteran status, or religion. Accepting Applications until filled.