KBJR TV in beautiful Duluth, MN has an opening for a Multimedia Journalist. This position is responsible for delivering top notch stories to our market.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Duluth is located on Lake Superior, the greatest of the Great Lakes. If you are an outdoor enthusiast, then you can consider Duluth paradise. If you prefer the offerings of the big city life, the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul are a short drive down I-35. Our building, office space and studios are state of the art. Located in Canal Park, considered one of Minnesota's top tourist destinations. We have views of Lake Superior and the Hillside of Downtown Duluth. We are walking distance to the Lakewalk, Aerial Lift Bridge and many fine restaurants, shops, and clubs.
Learn more about Duluth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohxvt9jZbLg
- Gather, shoot, and edit content for multiple platforms.
- Pitch and research stories daily.
- Write stories for different platforms.
- Responsible for confirming information for your stories.
- Ability to fill in on different shifts if needed.
- Report live on the scene when needed.
- Update stories as needed.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Professional broadcasting experience preferred.
- Mornings, Evenings, Weekends and Holidays may be required.
- Experience with AVID Inews and Newscutter is preferred.
- Ability to have flexible scheduling is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to drive to own stories and shoots.
- Must be a team player.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
Qualified candidates with a desire to work with a great group of people, and live in one of America’s best cities, send your link, cover letter, resume and references to: