KARE-TV in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking a Maintenance Technician.
KARE-11 is looking for a Maintenance Technician with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience.
KARE Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the day-to-day hands-on maintenance of all the station’s technical equipment. This includes traditional broadcast hardware as well as industry-centric software and content production tools used by KARE.
- Duties may include maintenance at the transmitter location, microwave sites, and remote broadcast equipment outside of the studio.
- Maintenance technician responds quickly to provide technical support as needed for news and other content production operations.
- This position requires a solid understanding of electronics, electrical - mechanical, and computer technologies used by KARE.
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of basic television broadcast, news operations, and workflow.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Represents KARE in a positive manner with the public, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse staff.
- Strong organization/coordinating skills.
- Takes direction from technical manager for installation and maintenance of all technical equipment automation systems, master control and production equipment, newsroom computer systems, transmitters, microwave sites, ENG equipment and other support equipment.
- Work in a manner that ensures maximum productivity, quality, and timely completion of assigned projects.
- Assist operations staff when necessary.
- RF experience is a plus.
- Computer networking knowledge is a plus.
- Contributes to maintaining up-to-date technical documentation that accurately represents the installed equipment at KARE.
- Able to handle general building repairs.
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Heavy work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions.
Physical Demands Set: Heavy work: Involves standing, stooping, bending, using force, lifting/pushing up to 50 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
For more details and to apply, click here.