WCCO-TV in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking a Maintenance Technician.
Overview / Role Details:
This role maintains, repairs and installs all technical equipment.
- Installs, maintains and helps detail all technical facilities, equipment and related software.
- Satellite, microwave, fiber optic and MPEG 2/4 transport, UHF and VHF ATSC digital transmission systems, studio and operations automation systems, control room and routing switchers, IT systems and networks, file based media systems and facility HVAC, electrical and security systems.
- Will interface closely with technology users to identify, trouble shoot and accurate problems.
- Two-year degree or higher, or certificate in Electronics, Engineering, IT or equivalent electronics
- 5+ years' experience in television broadcast and television equipment maintenance and repair
- Valid Driver’s License
- IT training and experience strongly preferred
- A proven “hands on” maintenance background is required
- Proven ability to assist and/or lead engineering projects as assigned, including implementation of new technologies
- SBE certification is a plus
- Must be innovative and demonstrate leadership
- Must understand and abide by EHS safety rules and procedures that pertain to related job functions
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and push 75 pounds
- Candidate must be able to optimally multi-task and access priorities in a fast-paced winning team culture.
- Candidate is required to join IBEW Local 292 Union.
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation’s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O’DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations’ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News’ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today’s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
For more details and to apply, click here.