Hubbard Radio Bemidji is seeking a Program Director.
- Experience in a supervisory position preferred.
- Proven ability to function effectively under deadlines and in high-pressure situations.
- Operating knowledge of digital radio automation systems.
- Thorough understanding of FCC guidelines regarding compliance with rules including indecency, profanity, payola/plugola, and contesting.
- Ability to bring out and understand the station's overall programming objectives and philosophies.
- Exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with diverse groups of individuals.
- Quick and clear thinking required.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
This position is responsible for the strategic vision and execution of the programming format. The position also has the ultimate responsibility of setting policy, management of programming personnel for the station.
- Set programming and operational policy and strategic mission for radio station.
- Ensure execution of policies, goals and action plans are enacted by communicating to appropriate individuals. Held accountable for results.
- Study and plan for future station programming and operations.
- Responsible for the day to day programming.
- Analysis and interpretation of data and research. Evaluate whether changes to work are needed and how to communicate such changes.
- Work with and provide direction to programming employees and others on solutions in programming related areas.
- Work closely with Senior Operations Manager to develop the programming and products needed to achieve revenue budgets.
- Build synergy with digital staff to provide digital extensions through the website and social media.
- Work closely with General Manager and Sales Department to create and execute successful on-air promotions.
- Knowledgeable of and applies as needed all current FCC rules and regulations.
- Work closely with Engineering staff in overseeing the technical and audio components in regards to station function and sound.
- Provide direct supervision of programming employees in the following ways: Develop strong Programming Department through applicable training, evaluation, and daily contact with employees; Train and teach staff; Consult and collaborate with VP/GM and others in management in the areas of personnel, recruitment, hiring and development of personalities and other staff; Critique and provide performance feedback to each assigned employee on a regular basis; Address performance issues as needed; Guide staff and act as a resource for staff on issues they may have; Resolve departmental conflicts as needed; Issue discipline when warranted; Make employment termination decisions with consultation with appropriate VP/GM, Controller and Corporate Human Resources or Legal; Develop, write and update programming job descriptions as needed.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with engineering, production and sales departments as well as others.
- Plan, prepare and deliver live and recorded program content for station in an entertaining and professional manner in a style consistent with the appropriate station format.
- Prepare and create a topical show by gathering information from news flashes, wire copy, periodicals, computer, web and television.
- Interview guests and other famous or public personalities, as well as moderating panels or discussion shows.
- Answer phone lines and interview members of listening audience.
- Write and reads or ad-lib segments to identify station, announce station breaks, commercials, etc.
- Preparation of online blogs and similar social media activities on behalf of the Stations; the creation of podcasts or videos or both for online distribution, and participation in, and use of, various digital media platforms.
- Acts in a professional manner when representing each station.
- Represent station at various events.
For more details and to apply, click here.
Hubbard Radio Bemidji is an equal opportunity employer.