KMSP-TV, the FOX affiliate in Minneapolis-St. Paul, has a rare opening for an experienced Investigative Reporter. We are filling the shoes of a 38-year market veteran.
Your passion will be digging and questioning the status quo. If you are reading this, you know this isn’t a 9-5. FOX 9 is committed to long form storytelling; we have a proven track record of committing the time and resources both on and off the air to win this fight. We’ve done several documentaries and can’t wait to do more.
So we want a reporter who can:
- Generate your own, locally focused Investigative ideas. We don’t do “test the hotel sheets” stories here.
- Develop non-traditional, exclusive sources that get you to where you need to go.
- File data requests, dig through records both digital and analog, and use computer-assisted reporting and databases to enhance your stories.
- Write and present your stories dynamically, not just in words but using state of the art presentation technology.
- Jump in during large scale breaking/developing news events with in-depth analysis and perspective through your sources and experience.
Have at least 5 years of reporting experience, 3 of in investigative journalism. Be able to present your stories on ALL platforms, not just broadcast. And don’t forget: be a great newsroom citizen, a must at FOX 9/KMSP.
Make sure you include 3-5 examples of your best work.
To apply online for one or more of our open positions, click here:
www.foxcareers.com and select Fox Television Stations
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, send a fax to 952-944-8296, or visit our readily accessible station located at 11358 Viking Drive Eden Prairie, MN 55344, and a member of our recruiting team will assist you.