KMSP-TV in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking a General Accountant.
LET US INTRODUCE OURSELVES
Yes, we are a TV station. We have heart and pride in our work and our communities. And we are so much more.
We celebrate each other; our weddings, our new family members, our promotions and every time someone wins a race. We are here for each other in the harder times, too.
We love our pets. We love our sports teams. And we love “Popcorn Fridays!”
SO ENOUGH ABOUT US. LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU AND THE JOB
FOX 9 is searching for an Accounting Super Star who will provide rock solid support to the Director of Finance and be an integral member of the Finance Team! You will collaborate with multiple departments to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and in return, you will be rewarded with generous paid time off (right out of the gate!), full salary replacement for short term disability and parental leave, robust employee resources, and what our employees describe as the “BEST” benefits.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partner with the Finance Director
- Update and create financial excel spreadsheets using advanced formulas
- Completion and review of journal entries in connection with the month-end closing process
- Assist in the preparation of account reconciliations and monthly corporate reporting
- Responsible for maintaining records of the station’s fixed assets
- Assist with monthly corporate reports and analyses as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Finance or Accounting degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills are required
- Must be able to work under time constraints and manage deadlines
- Requires strict standards of confidentiality and good judgment through proven work experience
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks independently
- Highly proficient in MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook. Intermediate to advance excel skills. Experience with automated accounting systems helpful. Workday, Coupa, and A3 preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
For more details and to apply, click here.