Hubbard Broadcasting in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking a Facilities Technician.
Hubbard Broadcasting Inc., is the parent company of several media companies including Hubbard Television, Hubbard Radio, REELZ, F&F Productions and 2060 Digital. Based in St. Paul, MN, this family-run business has been in operations for nearly 100 years.
- Previous experience and ability to use and operate safely a variety of tools (power and hand), machines and vehicles.
- Previous experience as a facilities repair or trades person preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to communicate with other verbally and in writing in English as well as read instructions in English.
- Currently holds or has the ability to obtain forklift operator's license.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to take direction well.
- Possess skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations; demonstrates poise and tact.
- Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
- Must have a valid drivers license and clean driving histroy as determined by the Company.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background and motor vehicle background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel, picks, pinches or otherwise works with fingers; reach with hands and arms, reaches above shoulder height; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee frequently is required to climb (ladder) and balance.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.) and hand tools-manual and power tools
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or two-step instructions.
- Follows both oral and written direction.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
This position is responsible for building and grounds maintenance of the Company.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, forklift, plow & zero-turn lawn mower, snow blower and other materials/equipment in performing duties.
- Install and replace flooring, (tile/grout, carpet tile) as needed.
- Perform basic repairs (e.g., wall damage, broken windows, concrete)
- Assist trades with electrical, plumbing, and HVAC repair work
- General carpentry such as hanging doors, new locks, architraves, window frames, boxing in, assembling furniture, easing and adjusting windows, replacing handles and similar hardware.
- General small scale masonry work
- Update drywall and paint as needed.
- Perform highly diversified building and grounds maintenance. This includes but is not limited to cutting lawns, trees, bushes, cleaning up leaves, removing snow and ice, moving furniture, changing lightbulbs, cleaning.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean & orderly work area. Take safety courses as required in order to maintain compliance.
- Drives Company owned vehicles with safety and complying with all traffic laws.
- As needed, assists shipping and receiving by unloading trucks, checking in materials, and distribution.
- Communicates building maintenance needs to supervisor and beyond. Makes building maintenance recommendations and assists with procuring needs.
- Report to work on time and work established schedule/hours.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Complete other duties as requested and needed.
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations.
For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser:
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
For more details and to apply, click here.