KAAL-TV in Rochester is seeking a Director.
As an ABC6 News (KAAL-TV) employee, you're surrounded by opportunity while experiencing forward-thinking philosophy. You'll work among passionate, engaged professionals who work together to create the most entertaining content in Television and Digital platforms for our audience. Whether you're searching for a career On-Air, Behind-The-Scenes, or Marketing & Promotion, there's opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive within ABC6 News and Hubbard Broadcasting.
- Previous experience directing live newscasts (Preferred).
- Possess knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control and operations of television systems.
- Must be flexible and able to deal with unexpected show changes calmly.
- Proven leadership skills; prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Graphic design experience preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
This position is responsible for the direction of live newscasts and any preparation involved for the newscast.
- Direct newscast and collaborate with production crew.
- Design graphics for newscast
- Along with producer, establish pace of newscasts and sequences of segments according to time requirements and accessibility.
- Ensures program runs smoothly during live broadcasts.
- Handle last minute and unexpected changes in a professional, poised manner during live broadcasts. Be able to communicate calmly, quickly and clearly to all involved as needed.
- Edit and encode daily episodic promotions and Network promotions.
- Maintain adequate studio lighting levels.
- Report to work on time and work established schedule/hours.
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations.
For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser
For more details and to apply, click here.