KARE-TV in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking a Community Relations Manager/Anchor.
KARE 11, the award-winning Tegna-owned NBC affiliate in Minneapolis, is looking for an anchor who is ready to challenge themselves in new and different ways. This unique position combines the ability to connect with viewers on all platforms while driving community outreach through successfully developing and managing station partnerships, inclusivity efforts and community impact.
The candidate will serve as the key liaison between KARE 11 and the community, providing perspective internally to support community concerns and being a bridge for advocacy and positive change. The candidate will also be a team player and news room leader.
- Engage regularly with historically underserved community members and leaders on matters of importance and concern in and for the community.
- Make actionable recommendations to the leadership team based on feedback from the community.
- Participate as a member of the Executive and Marketing Committees to determine long-range goals and allocate station and corporate dollars to non-profit organization events and projects.
- Anchor daily noon newscast and other shows as needed.
- Generate unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content.
- Ability to take leadership role in production with strong news judgement
Skills and Experience needed:
- 3-5 years proven community engagement and advocacy experience.
- Willingness to cultivate deep relationships within all levels of the community to advocate for positive change.
- Ability to address and resolve conflict through dialogue and speak truth to leadership
- Journalism or affiliated degree preferred with minimum three years of experience as an anchor/reporter.
- Strong on-camera delivery.
- Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
For more details and to apply, click here.