WCCO-TV in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking a Community Relations Intern.
WCCO-TV’s Community Relations Internship is designed to provide experience for students pursuing Public Relations careers in relation to television broadcasting. Interns have the opportunity to shadow and assist our staff to learn more about how the Community Relations Department contributes to the television station’s community engagement initiatives.
Interns are currently being accepted for the 2024 spring semester. CBS Television Stations will sponsor paid college internships for upper-level students actively enrolled in an accredited educational institution and majoring in a related field.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work alongside the Community Relations team on the creation, planning and execution of station events.
- Assist with community partnerships and promotions.
- Coordinate and conduct station tours.
- Distribute daily press clippings.
- All interns must be college students, and must be a Junior, Senior or Graduate student enrolled in an accredited institution and majoring in a related field.
- Interns may arrange the internship through the education institution on a for-credit basis.
- Interns must be available for a pre-determined minimum of hours per week that will be determined by the requirements of their individual educational institution.
- Intern candidates should express interest in career fields of community relations, public relations and/or event coordinating.
For more details and to apply, click here.