KSTP-TV in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking a Broadcast System Engineer.
Troubleshoot and repair technical issues on a wide variety of broadcast equipment.
• Pull and terminate all types of video, audio and control cabling.
• See past the system drawings and understand end-user functional requirements.
• Install and configure systems in a way that reflects the intended system design
• Program broadcast gear (includes: routers, switchers, mixers, CG, etc.).
• Communicate status updates. Discuss issues and provide suggestions in a clear manner.
• Identify integration inefficiencies and propose solutions.
• Work with on-site tech team to identify and finalize punch list items.
• All other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to climb ladders up to 24’ tall and lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
The Broadcast Systems Engineer’s primary responsibility shall be to install, test, configure and commission Broadcast & Broadcast related IT systems, bringing projects to completion and ensuring quality in both, a studio setting and in remote locations. They must also understand Broadcast system designs and demonstrate installation techniques. He or she must be able to understand complex systems and have a solid technical background with an understanding of current video, audio, control and data/networking technology. The Broadcast Engineer will work closely with the Engineering Managers to provide both general and specific recommendations on installation standards, technologies, personnel, job specifics and implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills & must be able to communicate effectively in a team environment
- High level of organization
- Technical background that provides a working knowledge of broadcast audio and video design and theory, IT networking and signal transmission.
- Engineering maintenance background preferred (Production truck, Video or Television Production)
- Strong computer skills with familiarity with MS Access, Excel Spreadsheets, etc.
- Ability to read and comprehend CAD drawings, blue prints, and technical drawings
- Hands on experience with audio/video switching, connectivity, routing, terminations, and signal flow
- Ability to solve unusual or unexpected problems
- 5 or more years in a broadcast environment preferred
For more details and to apply, click here.
KSTP-TV is an equal opportunity employer.