WCCO-TV/CBS is seeing a part-time Assignment Editor.
• Deadline-oriented news junkie with strong editorial skills.
• Storyteller who confirms what happened and then digs into the “how” and “why” to create
context and meaning out of facts.
• Assign and manage news crews, assignments and story development across all platforms.
• Own, file and track all data requests.
• Assist with day-to-day story research and investigation using digital research insights to
push the news cycle forward.
• Generate story ideas and enterprise reporting.
• Develop a pool of contacts and sources to help us break news on digital first.
• Coordinate coverage with CBS News and network affiliates.
• Take in live and recorded feeds from crews in the field.
• Monitor phones, emails and vet news tips.
• Other duties as assigned by news management
• Strong news judgment as well as communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to thrive under pressure, attacking deadlines and decisions calmly and swiftly.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse staff
• Experience with databases, Microsoft Windows including Outlook, iNews, as well as
• Must be available to work any shift required in a 24/7 newsroom including weekends and
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field
• 1-3 years in a medium or large market
For more details and to apply, click here.
WCCO-TV/CBS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.