Hubbard Broadcasting in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist.
Hubbard Broadcasting Inc., is the parent company of several media companies including Hubbard Television, Hubbard Radio, REELZ, F&F Productions and 2060 Digital. Based in St. Paul, MN, this family-run business has been in operations for nearly 100 years.
- Daily review payable invoices for required approval and policy compliance
- Understand IRS Form W-9 requirements
- Set up vendors as required adhering to policy
- Assess payable invoices for use tax requirements
- Input payable invoices adhering to terms, tax, general ledger coding, and payment requirements
- Support and backup other payables positions as needed, including the daily check run functions.
- Scanning AP invoices to AP system
- Track cash and non-cash prize winners for 1099 reporting
- Assist in general ledger reconciliations
- Assist in preparing reports in Excel
- Potential to work from home 2 days a week upon successful completion of training
Compensation and Benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
The position is responsible for assisting the AP/AR function with a variety of administrative tasks related to Accounts Payables and effective operations of the Accounting Department.
- Prior A/P experience or equivalent training or accounting education preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills. Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Accounting background helpful
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to take direction well
- Organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of individuals in person, over the telephone and email.
- Must meet tight deadlines and work well in fast-paced, pressure situations.
- Record of being entrusted with and having successfully safeguarded significant private and confidential information.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background and consumer financial history background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check
Communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Read, hear and speak clearly. Prepare and generate reports and business correspondence. Manipulate computer keys and general office equipment, including computer and telephone. Think logically and analytically and articulate information that may be complex in clear, concise manner to others. Quick and clear thinking required. Ability to gather and organize large amounts of data and search for patterns and connections. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
For more details and to apply, click here.