KAAL-TV in Rochester is seeking an Account Executive.
As an ABC6 News (KAAL-TV) employee, you're surrounded by opportunity while experiencing forward-thinking philosophy. You'll work among passionate, engaged professionals who work together to create the most entertaining content in Television and Digital platforms for our audience. Whether you're searching for a career On-Air, Behind-The-Scenes, or Marketing & Promotion, there's opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive within ABC6 News and Hubbard Broadcasting.
- Previous sales, advertising, digital sales, or media experience preferred
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, (or ability to learn) broadcasting and digital terminology and methodology preferred.
- Ability to understand the features and benefits of advertising and competitive media.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word for Windows; sales software knowledge helpful.
- Excellent written and oral English language communication skills.
- Experience developing presentations for the purpose of direct-business selling and ability to effectively present and communicate.
- Ability to respond to questions appropriately and think on feet.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships; communicate effectively with a wide range of personalities in a professional manner.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently required.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license and a safe driving history as determined by the Company for the purpose of meeting clients and attending events. (Driving record will be checked.)
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and closing techniques.
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment, and a "positive can do attitude" are required.
- Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
- Ability to think critically, analytically, creatively and logically; and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Physical Requirements: Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.). Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job function.
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations.
For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser:
The Account Executive is responsible for selling advertising to clients and developing new business relationships by prospecting, developing and selling new direct-business accounts, making sales presentations, performing collections, maintaining client relations and sales.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets including spot, digital, and new direct business. Prospect new businesses on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and complete sales presentations with decision makers.
- Make presentations to include a customer needs analysis, research and supporting documentation, and creative business solutions.
- Follow up and close all pending business in a timely manner.
- Update Sales Manager weekly on progress of pending business.
- Work closely with other departments in creating effective promotional sales solutions for clients.
- Create and make presentations to agency personnel, including selling and pre-selling the station audience attributes.
- Provide exceptional customer service to direct and agency accounts. Personally contact each active account regularly- defined as an in-person meeting, including the presentation of pertinent sales information.
- Obtain credit approval for new accounts.
- Ensure all accounts are paid in a timely manner. Follow up and assist in the collection process for past due accounts.
- Utilization of and proficiency with Sales software.
- Attend special events, such as remotes and broadcasts, which involve clients. These events may occur after business hours and on weekends.
- Complete all written business requirements within established deadlines. These requirements include but are not limited to: forecast reports, pending business updates, written orders and advertising copy.
- Attend and participate in weekly sales staff meetings, individual meetings with manager and other necessary meetings and training as required by management.
- Have a thorough understanding of rates, promotions, inventory, and personnel. Continue to learn and stay abreast of trends in digital and broadcast advertising industry.
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Build working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public.
- Complete other duties as requested and needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
For more details and to apply, click here.