Audacy Minneapolis is seeking an Account Executive.
Audacy Minneapolis is looking for another great host on Minnesota’s most trusted station. As the voice of the Upper Midwest for almost a century, NewsTalk 830 WCCO is in need of a great storyteller with an engaging personality, someone possessing unique, dynamic thoughts & opinions about current events, great range as an interviewer, and the ability to be a Good Neighbor for/in the community. Can you be curious, entertaining, AND informative? News and information have long been part of the tradition on this legacy platform, but we also want a strong digital presence to help appeal to the next generation of listeners.
What You'll Do:
- Perform live broadcasts that are entertaining and informative.
- Communicate with producer, Brand Manager and News Director to ensure program goals are continually being met.
- Work with the show producer on content strategies, story angles, guest ideas and engagement.
- Interact with the audience on social media daily.
- Maintain strong contacts and relationships with a variety of types of community leaders.
- Create daily content for website and social media channels.
- Prepare and research for broadcasts.
- Protect the station’s FCC license.
- Ensure that contests and promotional announcements are executed properly.
- Cross-promotion of other station shows both on air and via social media.
- Occasionally make personal appearances at station events and remote broadcasts.
- Other duties as required by management.
Required & Preferred:
- Be a great teammate (work well collaborating with others).
- Must be an excellent communicator with strong creative skills.
- Knowledge of the format and audience.
- Understanding of FCC guidelines.
- Connections and familiarity with the Twin Cities area, Minnesota and the station.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more details and to apply, click here.