KSTP-TV in Minneapolis/St. Paul is seeking an Account Billing Specialist.
KSTP 5 Eyewitness News is the award-winning ABC network affiliate for the Twin Cities. Part of Hubbard Broadcasting, KSTP-TV is a longtime market leader, and is committed to excellence in all that it does-broadcast news with hyper-local coverage, important public service that deals powerfully with today's issues, and now, more than ever, top-notch digital content, to reach our viewers and followers with information the way they want to receive it. When you work for KSTP, or our other local, independently operated station KSTC, Channel 45, you will find yourself among dedicated, passionate people who work hard every day to improve our product and our community. If you have the qualifications, and you are a person of talent and integrity, we invite you to apply!
- Knowledge of MS Office products, especially Excel.
- Extremely detailed, highly organized and excellent analytical skills required.
- Experience with a Traffic/Billing system is a plus.
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles, Strong Business Ethics.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and meet deadlines.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Self-confidence and excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
- Previous billing experience is a plus, but not essential.
- Two (2) years post high school education in Accounting, Business, or related field, preferred.
- Physical requirements
- Communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Read, hear and speak clearly.
- Manipulate computer keys and general office equipment, including computer and telephone.
- Think logically and analytically and articulate information that may be complex in clear, concise manner to others.
- Quick and clear thinking required.
- Ability to gather and organize large amounts of data and search for patterns and connections.
- Average sitting and standing.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background and consumer financial history background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position.
This position works with a variety of departments including Corporate Accounting, the Sales department and Traffic to ensure timely and accurate client invoicing. In addition to client invoicing, the Accountant is responsible for account reconciliations to ensure general ledger accounts are accurate, month end processing, reconciliations of logs and general ledger journal entry.
- Complete all required functions necessary to generate advertising invoices and related billing tasks for KSTP-TV, KSTC-TV, and MeTV.
- Timely processing of invoicing adjustments.
- Daily reconciliation of television logs for commercial spots that aired.
- Follow all steps necessary to ensure accurate posting of logs.
- Provide high quality customer service to our clients with billing related questions.
- Timely reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and generate reports and business correspondence including monthly journal entries and aged invoice reporting.
- Review and processing of AP invoices.
- Month end closing tasks such as revenue review and journal entries.
- Complete other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations.
For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser:
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
For more details and to apply, click here.